Virtual Medicine or Telehealth greatly benefits both the doctors and patients involved. Statistics show that 75% of the time, in-person visits can be avoided completely and conducted virtually. Overall, Virtual Medicine is just a better use of both the doctor's and patient's time. On the patient side, the angst and frustration of hurrying to get to your appointment on time and then sitting in the waiting room, can be avoided. With Virtual Visits, patents are able to speak to their doctor quickly and effectively, from their bed if they'd like - but most importantly, from the comfort of their home. Allowing patients to schedule their appointments virtually (especially during a pandemic) has increased the feeling of security and assurance; many terminally ill or elderly do not want to walk into a waiting room with other sick people for fear that they might be susceptible to their germs.
Doctors on the other hand, have many benefits as well. They are able to control the flow of patients more efficiently when they their captive audience is only a "phone call" away. Virtual Medicine also aids many doctors as they are able to observe their patients in their home environment; this sometimes helps to establish causes of allergies or sickness by observing the patient's surrounding. They are also able to extend their reach, with the only necessity being that their patient has access to a phone or internet connection. Virtual Medicine also allows doctors the opportunity to more closely monitor their patients with chronic health conditions. Many patients with life-threatening or chronic conditions are not capable of coming to the doctor's office for regular visits - this helps keep them at home and it also allows for an increase in scheduled virtual visits.
With the emergence of COVID-19, we are more aware of how we can avoid spreading and coming into contact with viruses and infectious diseases. By utilizing the perk of virtual medicine in your health insurance plan, you are helping to control the spread of these germs and lessen the exposure to those you come into contact with. The first question you might be asking is, does my health insurance cover virtual visits? You'll need to speak with your health insurance agent to find out for sure, but many insurance companies do! At The Health Insurance Guy, we know how important it is for our clients to have access to virtual visits. Many of the companies that we work with provide:
- 24/7 access to general practice physicians in whatever state you are calling from.
- Access to doctors that will help to diagnose your symptoms and call in your prescriptions - saving you time and money!
- Options: Consultations can be done over the phone or via a video conference.
- Unlimited consultations from the comfort of your home + there are NO additional fees!
- Insurance for your entire family for as little as $20/month.
- Vacation/Travel Visits: Virtual visits are also permitted when you're traveling or out-of-network with your medical plan.
- Tele-Mental Health - unlimited consultations with a counselor or psychiatrist who can prescribe Rx. Only $50/month for the whole family - no additional cost per consultation.